- This phone records the clip as amr (adaptive multi-rate codec) file – mailhandler translates to wav.
- Max recording length on this phone is about 25 minutes, but the file size limit to send it by MMS is 95K, or just about 2 minutes. (that’s a handset limitation – carrier limit for ATT is 300k)
- The original amr file was 92K; converted wav 10x as big
- Go to recorder: Menu > MyStuff (7) > Audio (1) > Record (4)
- Record: Select [starts recording] – Select [stops recording].
- Send: Options > Send (1) [places you in the MMS menu]
- Abrir la grabadora: Menú > Mis Cosas (7) > Audio (1) > Grabar (4)
- Grabar: Selecc. [grabando] – Selecc. [parar la grabación].
- Enviar: Opc. > Enviar (1) … [menú MMS]
Somewhat more complex than just calling the voice mail number, but:
- you can add a subject; send along a short text describing the recording.
- you can pause and restart the recording as you produce it (e.g. you could set it up to do an interview, press the button when the interview subject is ready)
- costs only 1 cent (with ATT MMS package)
- I renamed the file before sending it, but that got lost.